19 November, 2011

CoolLCD Super Clamp tweak


With my CoolLCD order I got 3 Super Clamps, little widgets that are priceless bargains for any photographer out there.

If there's not much I can say bad about the actual clamps, the included extender with 1/4" and 3/8" thread on the other hand is pretty poor design.

First, it lacks any rubber washer on the base of the threads. Second, it doesn't offer any firm grip area when you want to tighten or loosen the screw. And last, I tend to think the material is on the soft side as I noticed with one of the extenders that the 1/4" thread got bended.

At least I got rid of the first two problems with home made washers from a rubber carpet and a little lathe work to get that needed grip area.

I included a before and after picture (without the washers though).

No comments:

Post a Comment